While search engine optimization still provides the most organic traffic to your website and email marketing remains one of the most beneficial foci of your entire strategy, social media has exploded in the past decade as a way to attract interest, keep it, and convince your targeted consumer base to make a purchase or contact you for more information. Should you invest your time on social media?
The answer to this question is simple. If you know what you are doing on social media, yes!
Benefits of an Active Social Media Strategy
Both statistical information and anecdotal evidence from a vast array of businesses that market online clearly demonstrate that an active social media strategy provides numerous benefits to their brand growth and profits. It:
- Introduces more people to your brand, products, and services.
- Builds brand recognition and reputation with a continuous flow of content.
- Creates a “captive audience” with groups and opt-in followers.
- Forges strong professional relationships and network with other marketers.
- Helps consumers see you as a source of valuable information and positive customer experiences.
Choosing the Right Social Platform for Your Business
Who is your target audience, and where do they hang out? While Facebook remains the most commonly used social media platform in the world, other options include Twitter and the increasingly popular Instagram. FB tends to attract older users while IG focuses on millennials and younger people.
One of the best ways to determine the right social platform for your business involves trying out more than one and seeing what kind of attention you get and return on any ads you place. In marketing, you can only research so much and get help from professionals. Some of the process used when creating a successful marketing or public relations strategy involves trial and error.